Wednesday

Metric Century this Sunday - all are welcome!

Join us for the SMCC Metric Century, hosted by Jamie Wright (you do not need to be a club member to join this ride)

What: 60 +/- miles of rolling terrain. This is great ride for anyone who wants to spend a pleasant day pedaling some of the scenic roads of western Maine. Post-ride potluck barbeque to follow at Jamie’s house.
When: Sunday, May 31st. Bagels and coffee at 9AM. Ride leaves at 9:30AM.
Where: Jamie’s house. 11B Laurel Pines Dr, Gorham, Maine 04038
Fee: Bring a donation of non-perishable food items for the Gorham Food Pantry.

SMCC will buy the pre-ride coffee and bagels, as well as the post-ride non-alcoholic beverages. Bring your favorite meat or veggies for the grill, as well as a side salad or whatever.

One last note - the ride pace is any pace you want it to be. Any abilities are welcome. Jamie will have maps so you can ride as far or as not-so-far as you want to go, and as fast or as not-so-fast as you want. Hope this helps! Bring the friends you usually ride with and ride together on this Metric Centuryyyyyyy!

If you have questions about the ride or anything else, email Jamie at Jamie@gorhambike.com

-Shannon

5 comments:

Bethany Peavey said...

Hey Ladies, just wondering if anyone was thinking of doing this ride?? I'd like to do it, but would love some company :-)

-Bethany

Shannon B said...

Hey Bethany,
I will not be able to attend as I don't ride on Sundays, but I hope you find some riders to join you. If not, you should still go - you can meet up with other riders at the start. Have fun! - Shannon

Unknown said...

Hi Bethany
I will not know till last minute if I can ride moving out of camp this weekend. If I can make it I will email 1st thing in am
Sue

Bethany Peavey said...

Sweet! I hope you can make it Sue. Would love to ride, and with some of my own SMCC ladies! :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Bethany.....Just returning from camp and
Still lots to do & weather is looking pretty shabby. I will have to pass for tomorrow. Hopefully weather looks better for Tuesday.
Sorry catch up to you then....
Sue :(